Aug 11, 2009

Domestication Training Day 1

Okay so the boring crap first.


I am a mommy to 4 beautiful children, who of course pick up like children and I am also a full time college student. Needless to say I need to find a balance, but I am also looking forward to finding short cuts offering me more to work with finding the balance.


Starting today, I have put together a plan; I figure I also earned my first "Domestic Diva" badge as well. Catching up on much needed house work after finals week I find myself wondering how I am going to get that done along with the first week of new courses. This is where I am at and what I have discovered thus far.



Kitchen Tips 8-11-2009


Goal:

  • Save time and effort

Target Area(s):
  • Cabinet Doors
  • Drawers
  • Appliance faces
  • Floor
Tools Required:
  • Swiffer
  • Wet Swiffer pads or a damp washcloth with your choice of cleanser.
What to do:
  • Work top to bottom.
  • Start on high cabinet faces first.
  • Move to lower cabinet faces and drawer fronts. Check pad or washcloth if not too dirty move on.
  • Now wipe down appliance faces. Oven, Dishwasher, Fridge/Freezer, etc.
  • If pad/washcloth is still mostly clean, simply move to the floors, if not replace and continue.
Notes:
  • Find a stubborn spot or stain? Keep moving and go back with your favorite cleaner (Mine would be Windex.) and or cleaning item (Magic Eraser is my love.) and grab that stubborn spot. Use whatever works and if it is quick, easy and/or cheap suggest it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. All comments are welcome however please do your best not to offend. We reserve the right to remove any comment at any time for any reason.